The economy is growing and looking at the trend, it will continue to grow. With this, there are a number of small business opportunities which can bank on the possibilities. If you have plans to go big with an investment as low as Rs. 1,000 (or none), here are a few ideas you can try out.
1. Real estate consultancy: Dealing as a real estate agent, you can hardly be at loss, unless you are too lazy to grab an opportunity. This is one business area which has been flourishing for years and cannot let you down. The return on investment is huge as the commission rates vary from 0.5% to 2% as consultancy fees. You can start a real estate consultancy with an investment between Rs. 0 – 800. So, if you plan to have this as your future, start looking in your own and nearby areas for hot properties.
2. Private tuitions: Teaching is a respected profession and some of the tutors even earn in six-digits (per month), merely coaching students in their own locality. Investment required here is close to zero as your knowledge is sold. Nothing else. Occasional investments relates to purchasing new books when there is a change of syllabus. However, before you plan to be a private tutor, make sure you have adequate knowledge about the subject.
3. Recruitment firms: This may sound weird but you can actually run a recruitment firm with an investment of less than Rs. 1,000. How? You don’t really need an office for this. You can work from home, contact people via emails and phones. Apart from this, you need internet access and newspapers at your place. The process is simple. Hunt for those who are in needs of employees. Hunt for those who are in need of employment. Match the requirements and done! However, with this, you need to be patient and dedicate long hours in the search. Success mantra here is to be patient and dedicated.
4. Making custom gifts: India is a place where almost half of the year, people are busy celebrating festivals and during the other half, there are birthdays and anniversaries. So, if you have the expertise, knowledge and are creative, this option is for you. Present custom made gifts and display them on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and other social networks. Get attention of those who like and appreciate the effort and can help you popularize your talent. The investment required here is time and products you use in making such display gifts.
5. Blogger: Blogging is seen as a hobby my most of the people in India. However, many people are dedicated bloggers and blogging is their only source of income. Again, here you need to invest time and be creative. People love reading blogs but only if they are interesting and limited. A blog post should not be longer than 1000 words as it tends to be boring. However, that is not a compulsion. If you have the calibre to get people hooked for more than 1000 words, go ahead with it.
6. Author: This is quite similar to our previous suggestion. The only difference is that in the previous case you can write and get a feedback on a regular basis. However, as an author, you need to invest long hours, days, weeks and even months to get something out of it. If it is appreciated by the publisher or you self publish it, and it gains popularity, you will reap the benefits for the investment made. However, it is not the easiest option available.
7. Event management: If you have a popular friend circle or have the convincing capability, go for this one. Investment involved here is even minimal.
8. Online store: Yes, this is a low investment business option. How? Open an eBay store and you can sell your products with easy.
9. Wedding planners: Marriage in India is big business. It is often said that people in India spend more of marriages than on education. What else can be said for this option? Investment: Can be as low as Rs. 1,000 and as high as Rs. 1,00,00,000. Plan your way!
10. Home bakery: Lately, there has been an increase in the demand of bakery products during special occasion. So, if you are good enough and want to bank on this opportunity, go for it! Here the investment is usually zero, as bakery items never go wasted. You can always have them and enjoy the delicious taste.
Concluding with a reminder: It is important to be creative if you wish to opt for any of the options noted above.