Have you ever bought or been gifted tickets to a show, cinema, tournament or amusement park but didn’t really want them? Are you trying to find ways to sell such tickets and make some money? If so, try StubHub. It’s one of the famous ticket resale platforms in the US.
As a matter of fact, thousands of Americans use StubHub not only to sell unwanted tickets but also to buy and sell tickets to make a small profit. This happens only when a specific show is sold out, and there’s a huge demand for tickets. Such a business can be risky but if you play it well, there’s always some money to be made.
StubHub is an online ticket marketplace where individuals can buy and sell tickets for various events, including sports games, concerts, theatre shows, and other live entertainment events. It was founded in 2000 and has grown to become one of the largest ticket resale platforms globally.
As a marketplace, StubHub connects buyers and sellers, providing a platform for sellers to list their tickets and buyers to browse and purchase them. Sellers can list the tickets they no longer need or want to sell at a price of their choosing, while buyers can search for tickets based on their preferred event, location, and seating preferences.
StubHub offers a secure and trusted platform for ticket transactions. They handle the payment process and provide buyer protection policies to ensure the validity and authenticity of tickets purchased. In case of any issues or disputes, StubHub provides customer support to assist both buyers and sellers.
It's important to note that StubHub operates as a secondary ticket marketplace, meaning that tickets listed on the platform are typically being resold by individuals and not directly by the event organizers or primary ticket vendors. As such, the prices for tickets on StubHub are often determined by supply and demand dynamics and can be higher or lower than the original face value of the tickets.
How to Sell Tickets on StubHub?
Selling tickets on StubHub is fairly simple. However, you need to understand fully their fee and other charges as well as their complex terms and conditions. Once you sell tickets, there’s no point in regretting.
To sell tickets on StubHub, you can follow these general steps:
1. Create an Account
Visit the StubHub website and create an account if you don't have one already. Provide the required information, including your email address, password, and contact details.
2. Find Your Event
Once you're logged in, search for the event for which you want to sell tickets. Use the search bar on the homepage or navigate through the categories to find the event.
3. Select Your Tickets
Choose the tickets you want to sell by selecting the quantity and seating details. Make sure to review the ticket details and ensure they are accurate.
4. Set Your Price
Determine the price at which you want to sell your tickets. Consider factors such as the face value of the tickets, market demand, and the prices of similar tickets on StubHub. StubHub provides guidance on pricing based on historical data.
5. List Your Tickets
Enter the details of your tickets, including the section, row, and seat numbers. Provide any additional information or restrictions related to the tickets, if applicable. Set your selling price and select the duration of the listing.
6. Review and Confirm
Before finalizing the listing, review all the information you've provided, including the ticket details and the selling price. Make sure everything is accurate, as you won't be able to edit the listing once it's live.
7. Confirm the Sale
Once a buyer purchases your tickets, StubHub will notify you via email. You'll need to confirm the sale within a specified timeframe and upload the tickets electronically to the buyer.
8. Deliver the Tickets
StubHub provides various methods to deliver the tickets to the buyer, such as electronic delivery or physical shipping. Follow the instructions provided by StubHub to complete the ticket delivery process.
9. Receive Payment
Once the buyer receives the tickets and attends the event, StubHub will process the payment for the sold tickets. The payment is typically transferred to your chosen payment method within a specified timeframe.
It's important to note that the specific steps and procedures may vary slightly depending on your location and the event you're selling tickets for. StubHub provides detailed instructions and guidance throughout the selling process to ensure a smooth experience.
- Where to Sell Jewelry? 10 Best Places to Sell
- 20 Best Places to Sell Used Appliances for Cash Near You
- 22 Best Ways to Sell Amazon Gift Card for Cash
- Where to Sell Old Stamps for Cash Near Me?
Reasons to Sell Tickets on StubHub
There are several reasons why you might consider selling tickets on StubHub. Firstly, it has a worldwide reach, and secondly, they are very reliable. Also, you’re assured of getting your money.
1. Wide Reach and Visibility: StubHub is one of the largest and most recognized ticket resale platforms globally. By listing your tickets on StubHub, you gain access to a large audience of potential buyers, increasing the chances of selling your tickets quickly.
2. Established Reputation: StubHub has built a reputation as a trusted and reliable platform for buying and selling tickets. Many buyers prefer StubHub due to its buyer protection policies and guarantee of valid tickets, which can attract more potential buyers to your listings.
3. Competitive Pricing: StubHub provides guidance on pricing based on historical data and market demand. This can help you determine a fair and competitive price for your tickets, increasing the likelihood of attracting buyers.
4. Secure Transactions: StubHub facilitates secure transactions between buyers and sellers. They handle the payment process and provide a secure platform for exchanging tickets electronically or through physical shipping. This helps protect both buyers and sellers from potential scams or fraudulent activities.
5. Customer Support: StubHub offers customer support to assist both buyers and sellers throughout the ticket-selling process. If you encounter any issues or have questions, you can reach out to their support team for assistance.
6. Flexibility and Convenience: Selling tickets on StubHub provides flexibility in terms of listing prices, managing inventory, and adjusting prices as needed. You can easily track your sales and make updates to your listings through their user-friendly interface.
These features make StubHub very attractive for selling tickets to all types of shows and games.
How Much StubHub Charges for Selling?
It's important to note that StubHub charges fees for listing and selling tickets on their platform, so you should consider these costs when pricing your tickets. Additionally, specific policies and features may vary depending on your region and the event you're selling tickets for.
The fees charged by StubHub when selling tickets can vary depending on several factors, including the event, location, and ticket price.
Seller Fee: StubHub charges sellers a commission fee based on the final sale price of the tickets. This fee is usually a percentage of the sale price and can range from around 10% to 15% on average. However, the fee percentage can vary depending on the specific event and market conditions.
Fulfilment Fee: StubHub may also charge a fulfilment fee to cover the costs associated with delivering the tickets to the buyer. This fee is typically added to the listing price and is paid by the buyer.
It's worth noting that StubHub may have additional fees or charges depending on the specific circumstances, such as fees for additional services or optional features. The fee structure may also vary based on factors like location and event type. Therefore, it's always a good idea to review the latest fee details on StubHub's website or during the ticket listing process to get accurate and up-to-date information on the fees associated with selling tickets.
Overall, StubHub is a superb platform for buying as well as selling tickets. You can make some money as profits if the show is already booked fully and there’s still a huge demand. Thousands of Americans do ticket flipping- meaning buying cheap and selling expensive through StubHub when the show is fully booked and people want the tickets.