For beginners, domain flipping is very simple and straightforward online business which involves buying of the domain name at low price and sell it at higher price where the margin becomes your earning.
However, it can be less complex by adding a couple of steps in the basic process. It is a business that requires buying, developing, monetizing and sell it off to make more profits. Domain flipping is wonderful, cost effective money making opportunity if you have given time and efforts and developed real guts to learn how it is exactly done.
Domain flipping is more simple than website flippingas you don’t have to work towards creating sites, bringing the traffic & even monetizing the site with AdSense or affiliate marketing.
You may purchase single or a couple of domains which flipped for a profit. One more option is to develop, monetize and park the domain if you do not want to flip immediately. You will be making money till you decide to sell it off. You can buy expired domains or domains that hold active leads and online traffic which is in need to add up something that increase its value.
7 important things before you buy a domain for flipping:
Before you decide to buy domains with potential to leverage nice profit, it is advisable to perform a little research to find out if they worth investment of time, money and efforts.
- Choose a domain name with short names or one which are easy to remember so that the visitors to the site do not forget.
- It is advisable not to purchase domain names which include the underscore or hyphen. Search engines ignore such domain names as they are less relevant.
- Try to find out domain name that is more relevant to the niche industr
- Do not choose domain names that infringe copyright of another business. Stay clear with such domain name to get success in search engine page results.
- Avoid using misspelled names or one that involves spelling mistakes
- Domain names with dot com are more popular than dot biz or dot net. This does not mean that Domain names other than dot com fail to make money.
- It is advisable to get registrar account to make money from domain flipping as they are easy, cheap and reliable
How much profit you can make from the domain?
Once you buy your domain name, it is time to increase the value of that domain. Buy a domain name for few dollars, drive traffic to it and list it for sale on the next day. Remember, a good niche domain name have chances to make you earn $100 after 24 hours after listing it.
You can go through the success storiesand reports online about amazing money making domain names like toys.com and business.com. These are premium domain names and buying one may not be in the budget of every investor but you can definitely put efforts to find quality generic keyword domain names at much cheaper rates.
Where to buy or sell the domain?
This is an important question as it has lot of relevance and amount for which you buy and sell your domain. Following are 3 most preferable sites to sell your domain names:
You can directly find out enduser who seek companies/people who hold interested domain names targeting their business industry. The domain names are based on geographical location like NYRealEstate.com. In this case, real estate professionals in NewYork city may wish to buy this domain name. Domain names describing the location have more chance to make money in domain flipping business.
Sedo and GoDaddy are the most preferred website to sell your domain names. They possess huge active audience to buy and sell domain names. You may find a number of ways to list out your domain for sale.
It is common practice where serious domain name investors own their business website showcasing domain name portfolio, its pricing and website statistics. Niche business owners and internet marketers access these private listings to buy relevant domains
To summarize, domain flipping is fun and it is an definite means of making money online today.