What is website flipping?
Website Flipping is the inspiration taken from the same business as of the property investors. Typically, property investors buy, renovate to add the value of it and sell it off at a higher price. Website flipping follow the same process where tech savvy professionals buy established website, add useful features to it and sell it at the higher price. The flipping website is becoming more money making business with the rising shortage of niche domain names resulting in an increase in the cost of getting the best one.
How to start website flipping business?
Flipping website business is same as starting any other business, however this business has its own unique skills to meet unique challenges. It has a huge potential as a profit making business, however it greatly depends on your skills making quality websites.
Here are the main steps to start Website flipping business:
- Buying – Buying a website is very crucial, taking right decision is very essential. Search suitable website to buy it. Or you can even develop a website from the scratch by purchasing a domain and hosting.
- Enhancement – It is adding value to the website. Consider changes that target increase in traffic & income
- Selling – This is the final step but again crucial as it makes you leverage profits. Typically, you should sell the site at the same source from which you have bought it. You will have greater chances where the buyer approach you to buy the same site with the enhancements that he has sold few days back.
What are the points to consider before flipping any site?
Remember, understanding flipping business is all about understanding the market in demand that you are going to deal with. You need to analyze each site considering the potential in generating revenue. Look into market trends and the analytics of the website to check out your scope to make maximum profit.
The objective of this business is to never to keep website for long. Buy website of the most demanding niches and enhancing it and grow it to make money. Once your website starts making money, then put it in the sale. Hence, flipping website is all about developing and experimenting design that are going to pool more profits.
What type of sites give most benefits?
As described before, a good site to flip purely depends on what the market is currently looking to buy online and the right decision will be made only when you keep the buyer in your mind. Google Adsense sites (Online Advertising sites), affiliate marketing, Product Selling, Membership and
EBook and Video Tutorial are most money making websites to flip.
How to grow your site?
This is the core part of website flipping where investor puts all his skills and expertise to add value to the site and monetize it its maximum. Adding value to the website is little bit technical part however, it is the website’s ability to earn revenue.
- By doing proper SEO to your site
- Appropriate use of Keywords that makes money
- Monetize your site with AdSense or affiliate products
- Structuring URL
- User Activity and Interaction
- Site Management
Above are the core ways to succeed driving traffic to your site. More traffic, higher is the potential to generate revenue results into higher possibilities for conversation to sales.
Top 5 website for sale to post flipping website
If you are beginner in flipping website business, it is an advice trying out 2-3 sites for sale to experience selling on your website, and later on select the right one for you:
- Ranks first for flipping website
- Find thousands of buyers and sellers in the marketplace
- Boast over $4 million dollars worth of flipping sites being posted for sale each month
- Sell startup sites, premium sites, domain sites and established sites
- Remember, buyers and seller are tech savvy so be aware and sell good stuff
- Over 200,000 users have registered to trade sites & blogs on Flippa.
- Every minute someone places a bid on Flippa
- Anytime you will find 2000+ buyers or sellers online.
- Over 290,000 bids were placed and nearly 26,000 websites were sold on Flippa in 2011—valued at almost $31M!
- Alexa puts Flippa in the top 1,000 sites worldwide (currently 800+).
- Despite their name, fewer than 5% of Flippa’s website buyers and sellers are actively “flipping” websites.
- Huge marketplace for buyers and sellers
- Buyers are typically not tech savvy where they do not know what they are buying
- Try to describe your website in simple language on the action page giving a better understanding to your prospective client
- Caution, beware of the latest rules and regulations of eBay because they are changing on a frequent basis
- Forum with live and active buyers and sellers
- Often, difficult to judge the participants of the forum
- Flipping site is posted as forum thread which do not get sold if it is not sold within 3 days
- Cost nothing to post website for sale
- Similar forum site at Digital Point
- Cost nothing to post website for sale
- Running since long back with the very inviting user interface
- List website as premium or standard site which last for 90 days