In my previous post, I mentioned about 10 different ways on how to make money with Amazon Affiliate marketing. Out of these 10 ways, the most profitable way to make money is with a Niche Website.
Most of the people who make thousands of dollars every month from Amazon affiliate programs, use niche websites to promote Amazon products. If you want to make similar kind of money, you should definitely go for a niche website.
Initially, you have to be very determined for this step because it requires a lot of hard work and your personal time too. But if your website becomes an authority in your niche, you don't need to work that hard.
It can become a source of passive income.
So the question is – what are niche websites? How to make a niche website? How can you work on it to earn $3000 and more every month on Amazon?
SO LET’S BEGIN…
Niche websites refer to websites that focus on a particular topic. Here, anyone can find content related to a single topic.
A niche website can focus on topics like – music , audio, car-accessories, shaving, swimming, kitchen, green-tea-or-coffee, products for babies or kids, finance, fitness, furniture, gardening, parenting, supplements, pet foods, fashion, apps, electronics, smart home, persona care, personal development, toys, baby products, arts and crafts and many other topics..
Most niche websites usually post “REVIEWs of different products on a particular niche”, or they write content like “list of top 10 products”.
To understand it better, I am going to show you some of the best examples of niche websites making money from Amazon affiliate.
PCpartpicker.com: It is a US-based website that focuses on personal computers and everything related to it. On SimilarWeb, its traffic is 10 million per month, now you can assume the earnings of this website.
Digit.in: This is an Indian website that covers different gadgets and new arrivals. It also receives around 10 million traffic every month.
DogFoodaAvisor.com: This website only covers dog food, but surprisingly, it’s monthly traffic is around 1.2 million.
HomeGrounds.co: This website has coffee-related content. Its monthly traffic is around 475,000.
SoundGuys.com: it covers different types of headphones and speakers. Its monthly traffic is around 1.75 million.
So now you understand what niche websites actually are and how they can help you get high traffic, even with a specific topic.
Websites with a traffic of more than 100,000+ can easily make $3000 per month. You can imagine how much money these niche websites are making every month.
Now, if you understand what the Amazon niche websites are, it's time to know how to create a niche website and how to make money from an Amazon niche website.
9 Steps to Make Money with Amazon Niche Websites
You need to follow each step properly in order to set up an Amazon niche website and earn a regular monthly income from this.
Step 1: Selecting a Niche
This is the most important step. Any mistakes in this process can affect your final income.
Amazon has around 10 million products and dozens of profitable categories.
You can pick a category and decide your niche. But before selecting a niche, you have to keep 3 things in mind-
- Profit: Select a niche that is profitable. Not all categories give the same amount of profit. Amazon offers different commission rates on different products. The commission range is between 1 to 10 percent. You should choose a category which offers you at least 4% commission. Products between $80-$150 price range will give good profit to you. These products have a good conversion rate and the commission is also profitable.
- Knowledge: You should have a deep knowledge of your niche. Without deep knowledge, you won’t be able to create valuable content. Always choose a niche that you know very well as it will save a lot of time.
- Interest: if you don’t enjoy your niche, it will all become a burden to you. In this situation, you will get stuck and there will be no meaning for you to pursue it. Choose a niche that you can enjoy writing even if you don’t make any money for the next 6 months.
I have seen that a lot of people have only objective – i.e making money at any cost, and money is their only driving force. If you fall into this category, you can choose any category you want, without much interest and knowledge.
In such a case, money itself will teach you a lot of things.
Step 2: Select your target audience
Target selection is another important step. It can be any country you want, be it the US, UK, Canada, Germany, India or any other country where Amazon provides its affiliate program.
Even if you target an international audience, you have to select the main country that will be the main source of traffic.
Amazon US is the most profitable target but the commission rates are low.
But, at present, Amazon US has become less competitive as top affiliate marketers have shifted their focus to other affiliate programs.
If I talk about the Amazon India affiliate program, I would say it has great potential. The competition is almost nil and the success rate is very high.
If you follow all these steps, you can find success without much hard work.
You can target any country that you want. You will get maximum traffic from that country but Google also gives you 15-30% international traffic.
If you set-up geo-targeting, you can monetize your international traffic. I have written a post on geo-targeting that helps you to earn extra affiliate commission from other countries.
Step 3: Setup your website
The next step is setting up your website. It is very easy and you can literally do it in 5 simple steps-
- Choose Domain and hosting– the domain of a niche website should represent a brand and not any specific keyword. As I gave you five examples of Amazon niche websites, they were specific and represented the whole brand. For example, if you are setting up a fitness website, the domain name could be fitnessguru, fitness talk, and keepyourselffit.com. There are lots of web hosting companies in the market but I would recommend Bluehost.
- Theme- theme plays an important role in increasing the conversion rate of your website. A good theme is one that even a non-technical person can customize. It is simple yet attractive. It is mobile friendly too. I am not going to confuse you with a dozen names. According to me, the best theme for niche websites is Generate Press. You can use it for free or you can upgrade to a premium plan. I use the premium version of Generate Press for my affiliate websites.
- Landing page builder– Usually it refers to every page where the visitors can land on your website. But in marketing, a landing page refers to a special affiliate or sales page that can boost your website’s conversion rate. This is quite different from other pages on your website. The tool that is used to build a landing page is known as landing page builder. My all-time favorite landing page builder is ELEMENTOR. With Elementor, you can design the most attractive and profitable landing pages. You can use a landing page builder on your niche website to increase conversion rates too.
- Plugins- Plugins help you get extra functionality on your website. Some of my favorite plugins are-
- SEO (Yoast / Rank Math): Helps in the SEO of your website. Choose one.
- Jetpack: A plugin with multiple features in single plugin
- Cache plugins (WP rocket / Autoptimize / Wp super cache /W3 Total): Helps to speed up your website.
- Image Plugin (Imagify / Smush It / ShortPixel) to compress images without losing quality
- Pretty Link: An excellent affiliate link management tool
- Insert Headers and Footers: Used to add header and footer HTML codes or other scripts e.g. Google Analytics.
- Contact form (Contact form 7): Used to add simple contact forms on your website.
- Backup (Updraft): This plugin helps you to backup your website.
- Amazon Affiliate Plugin (Genius Link / AAWP): Great plugins for all Amazon affiliates.
- Landing page builder (Elementor): Used to build excellent sales pages or affiliate pages.
- Site Kit – Connect useful Google tools with the website like Google Analytics, Search Console, AdSense etc.
With these 5 steps, you can easily set up a niche website.
Step 4: Keyword Research
It is a really crucial step. You should focus deeply on keyword research. If you don’t do it properly, it will affect your earnings.
To carry out keyword research, the most important tool is SEMrush. It is a great tool that will help you to find the right keywords for your niche.
For amazon affiliates, the profitable keywords include reviews of products or top 10 products list.
Initially, I would recommend you to choose long-tail keywords with low difficulty. They are easy to rank on Google. It will help you to boost your confidence.
You can keep the minimum volume criteria to 500 monthly searches.
When your website starts getting some traffic, you can later move on to the medium difficulty or high difficulty keywords.
Step 5: Write Content
What if I say, writing excellent content is easy. Most of the people fail at this step because they think writing quality content is hard.
It’s just a matter of practice. Keep reading more and more about your niche. You will automatically see the improvement in your writing.
In a niche website, you can create 4 different types of content-
- Reviews: E.g. Review of the latest iPhone 12
- A list of best products: E.g. 10 best earphones under $50
- Comparison: like iPhone 12 vs Samsung S20
- Informational: E.g. how to buy a camera
At present, the ideal length of content Amazon affiliate sites is 3000+ words. This is one of the best ways to beat your competitor and establish some authority.
The best content always comes from experience. A single review article will continue to earn if it is good enough and well researched. Therefore, you should always try to test the product yourself before writing its review.
Always recommend good quality products to your audience. As a reference, you can use the rating and reviews on Amazon itself. Higher ratings mean a good quality product.
Buying a product before writing its review will also help you get high-quality images of that product. If you download product images from Amazon, it violates the policies of Amazon.
You can also take ideas from the reviews available on Amazon’s website. This will help you to make your content more useful. You just need to take ideas from the reviews. Adding the same reviews in your website is again against the policy of Amazon.
Step 6: Promote your Content
SEO is the best way to promote your niche website because almost all Amazon affiliate sites receive the most of its traffic from Google only.
You can also target search engines like Bing, Yahoo and social media platforms like Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. You can also use sites like Quora and Medium to receive extra traffic and backlinks boost.
So let’s talk about SEO to promote your website. If you have a competitive niche, your focus should be quality SEO. If you have an easy niche, you definitely don’t need to spend your energy on very high quality SEO.
As per my research and experience, there is not much competition for most of the niches in Amazon. If I talk about the Indian market, the competition is even less.
If your keyword research is proper, you write great content, spend time on quality on-page SEO, then you don’t need to focus much on off-page SEO.
Even if you create some basic backlinks from high-authority article submission websites, and write guest posts, you can easily rank higher in your niche and get traffic on your website.
Step 7: Amazon Policies
Amazon is very strict when it comes to its policies. If you want to keep your account safe and need a consistent income from Amazon, then you need to understand and follow all these policies carefully.
Amazon has several policies like-
- You can only promote Amazon products on your website and social media handles. You can’t promote products via email marketing.
- You also can’t copy images or content from Amazon to use on your website.
- You can’t purchase from your own affiliate links
And many other policies. I recommend you go through these policies at least once.
Step 8: Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion rate optimization means how you can increase your income from the same amount of traffic.
For example, let’s assume your website has a conversion rate of 2% and you make around $2000 per month.
If you optimize this conversion rate and increase it by 0.5% to 1%, you can increase your income from $2000 per month to $2500 or $3000 per month.
So how can you optimize conversion?
There are different ways actually.
- if you target the right keywords or you can say the buyer’s keywords. For example articles like product reviews, listicles articles, keywords like discounts and offers. These keywords can significantly increase your conversion rate. Some examples like – Review of canon 200d or 10 best digital cameras or iPhone 12 discount etc.
- If you target long-tail and low difficulty keywords, your website can easily rank on the top results of the search engine. Therefore targeting long-tail keywords can increase your conversion significantly.
- Another way of increasing the conversion rate includes adding affiliate links wherever possible. You can also add call-to-action buttons to maximize the conversion rate. Try to use comparison tables, high-quality images, and geotarget international traffic to monetize it.
- Try to capture the email of your subscribers by using a good quality email marketing tool like AWeber. You can send regular followup emails to your subscribers and keep on promoting Amazon and other stuff. You can try AWeber for just $1. Similarly you can use push notification to capture your visitors.
Step 9: Scale your Affiliate Website
Now it is time to take a big step. If your website has started earning $1000 to $2000 per month, it’s time to scale your website. It means increasing your monthly earnings to $5000 or even more.
To do it without confusion, I have compiled brief points for you-
- The most important step is- reinvesting part of your earnings to grow your website. If you are making $1000-$2000 per month, you should know how and where to invest.
- You should analyze your traffic and understand it to find new ways to boost your income.
- Outsource your task. You can hire people for the tasks that consume most of your time but are not that important.
- Hire a freelance writer or a full time content writer to Increase content frequency on your website.
- Acquiring high-quality backlinks.
- Opening a youtube channel and covering the same topic in video format.
- Last but not the least- adding Email capture forms on your website.
Apart from that, there are several other ways that can help you maximize your affiliate earnings. If you work on your niche website properly for a year, it won’t be hard to make $3000 per month in the first year itself.
The internet has huge opportunities and earning potential. But only for those who deserve it. There is no shortcut or get rich quick scheme.
I hope you liked this video. If you liked this information, don’t forget to give a thumbs up to this video and share it with your friends. If you have not subscribed to this channel yet, do it now.