There are always few things that are common among all the billionaires. Whether they are businessman, sportsmen or celebrities they share few attributes in common.
Here are some of them.
Most of the billionaires have a goal in their life. Without an ambition you can’t become anything in your life.
Every billionaire sets a goal and starts following that goal.
Hence you should also have an ambition if you want to succeed in your life.
Humility and Humbleness
Being a billionaire does not make them arrogant. Remember hubris is the most dangerous thing in your life.
You should not let your ego come in your way. So be humble towards people around you.
Third attribute they have in common is innovation or an idea. Every billionaire is a billionaire because he or she has an idea to sell.
Remember it is an idea that makes money and not the other way around.
Off course they all respect time. You can’t just kill your time. You need to make good use of every single minute in your life.
You learn something new daily. So time is very important.
Usually we have a wrong idea that billionaires live extravagant life. Many billionaires live very simple life like you and me.
It is because they know the value of money.
Few Great Tips to Learn in Life from 15 Most Successful Billionaires
Now let us see what some of the billionaires have to say about their experiences in their lives. Let me warn you, I haven’t mentioned Donald Trump in this list.
You can figure out why he isn’t mentioned here.
1. “In business, by the time you realize you’re in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless you’re running scared all the time, you’re gone.” — Bill Gates
You got to respect time and do things on time. You can’t be too late and realize that you simply can’t put things together on your own.
You need to have a great team so that you can take help whenever it is needed.
2. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” — Steve Jobs
There is no replacement for innovation. You have to come up with something new every time. You can’t make money from borrowed ideas.
You have to have your own genuine idea. Otherwise you will fail. As I said early it is an idea that makes money not vice versa.
3. “Rule #1: Never lose money. Rule #2: Never forget rule #1.” — Warren Buffet
Value of money is very important. You have to save money and invest it properly in order to make more money.
It also tells you something that you must be judicious while making any decision. One wrong decision can make you lose all your money.
4. “When there is a crisis, that’s when some are interested in getting out and that’s when we are interested in getting in.” — Carlos Slim Helu
Well it simply means every crisis is an opportunity. Those who want to be something in their lives take a crisis as an opportunity and those who are losers they simply avoid taking up the challenge. They let it pass.
5. “When you innovate, you’ve got to be prepared for people telling you that you are nuts.” — Larry Ellison
Don’t be afraid of what others are saying. If you listen to what others are saying then you can never succeed in your life.
You should not be afraid of experimenting new things in your life. Well this is what makes a billionaire.
6. “Try never to be the smartest person in the room.” — Michael Dell
Well in other words you have to be humble and stay calm all the time. You must have a learning mind that is willing to learn something new from others.
You can always learn from someone else mistakes and try not to repeat those mistakes.
7. “In the end, we are our choices. Build yourself a great story.” — Jeff Bezos
Do not follow someone else. Do not listen to what others are saying. Listen to your instincts. Your inner self will always help you making a right decision.
So just follow yourself in your life.
8. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk … In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” — Mark Zuckerberg
Billionaires are not afraid of taking risks. If you can’t take risk then you can’t become a rich or a successful person in your life.
Hence you must be ready to take risk in your life otherwise this is not for you.
9. “The next day after I got fired, literally the next day, I started a new company.” — Michael Bloomberg
That’s the spirit. Self confidence is the most important thing in your life. You must believe in yourself that yes you can do it.
You don’t have to depend upon someone else because you can do it on your own.
10. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” — JK Rowling
You can always rise up from the dust. It really does not matter what social background you come from. If you believe in yourself then you can always rise up and rebuilt your life.
11. “As much as you need a strong personality to build a business from scratch, you also must understand the art of delegation. I have to be good at helping people run the individual businesses, and I have to be willing to step back. The company must be set up so it can continue without me.” — Richard Branson
In other words what he is saying is idea matters more than an individual. A man may live or die but an idea lives on. So you have to have an idea that can stay relevant even if you are gone.
12. “When you’ve got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be 10,001?” — Mark Cuban
Again it is all about innovation. You have to come up with something new every time. You just can’t copycat others and become a billionaire.
In fact you can’t even become a mediocre writer without some originality in your writing.
13. “Ten minutes are not just one-sixth of your hourly pay; ten minutes is a piece of yourself. Divide yourself into ten units and sacrifice as few of them as possible in meaningless activities. Most things still remain to be done.” — Ingvar Kamprad
Time is everything. You need to make best use of your time. You can’t waste your time partying and living a frivolous life.
If you work hard then you learn something new every day. If you respect time then you will be rewarded in your life.
14. “A business absolutely devoted to service will only have one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly huge.” — Henry Ford
Understanding what people want is very important. If you know what they are looking for then you can create a product that solves their problem.
Hence understanding someone else is very important in your life.
15. “You become what you believe. You are where you are today in your life based on everything you have believed.” — Oprah Winfrey
Finally self believe and confident is very important. You got to believe in yourself that yes you can make it happen.
So these were few tips from the billionaires in the world.