Graduates from Computer science and other engineering disciplines have a great opportunity to get jobs in SEO. Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a growing business because every business wants its presence online. Hence, companies are egger to recruit SEO experts for ranking their website high in the search engine.
In fact, not just companies but individual bloggers and web-entrepreneurs are also interested in learning in-depth of SEO techniques. Your income totally depends on the ranking of your website in a particular search engine. If you rank high every time then you get more visitors hence more money.
Therefore knowledge of SEO is very important. And if you don’t have knowledge, an SEO training institute can help you.
SEO Training in India
SEO training in India is still in its infancy because it is only restricted in tier-1 cities. You are not going to find schools or institutes for SEO courses or training so easily.
The main reason for this is that knowledge about SEO is still not there. Therefore, only companies which own websites and few bloggers are concerned about SEO.
I have personally visited many SEO schools and institutes in Mumbai and Bangalore. Normally SEO training is given by two kinds of party.
First is school and institutes. If you go there it will be a classroom with just one or two faculty. Instructors are very young, usually fresh college graduates. So they are going to teach SEO for a batch of 5 to 10 students.
Hence, therefore there are no premier or major SEO institutes.
Mainly these schools and institutes are small coaching centers with fewer resources and in return they charge a heavy fee for a course of one month. Second are consultants who are giving SEO training. These training could be one on one or in group to 2 to 3 people.
In some cases, popular blogger and SEO experts give training through Skype. There charges could be less or more than Institutes or schools, it depends.
Therefore, SEO training in India is given by these two ways.
What is the Syllabus?
Now what is the syllabus of SEO training in India? It means what Institute or a consultant is going to teach you.
Here is the outlay of the syllabus.
1. SEO fundamentals and Concepts
- A Brief: Internet Marketing
- Search Engine Anatomy
- Basics of Search Engine
- Search Engine Indexing & Analysis Techniques
- Major Search Engines
- Page Rank
- Google Caching and Indexing Concepts
- Website Architecture Modelling
- A Brief: On Page Optimization, Off Page Optimization
- A Brief: Black Hat SEO/Gray Hat SEO/ White Hat SEO
2. Link Building Tips and Techniques
- Introduction to Link Building
- Types of Link Building (Internal and External)
- Link Building Methodology
- Network Linking
- Link Popularity
- Broken or Dead Links ( Check and Correction)
- Inbound Links
- Outbound Links
- Link Juice
- Follow & No Follow Links
3. Keyword Concept
- Keywords Basics
- Primary and Secondary Keywords
- Keyword Research
- Keyword Analysis
- Keyword Density Analysis
- Google Adword Keyword Tool
- Keyword Stuffing
4. Off Page Optimization
- Directory Submissions
- Search Engine Submissions
- Local Search Engines Submissions
- Social Bookmarking Tips and Techniques
- Forum Boards Link Building
- Question Answer Boards
- Classifieds Posting
- Network Creation
- Article Submission
- Press Release Submission
- Blogging Concepts
- Blog Creation
- Blog Optimization ( Gadgets Installation and other settings)
- Blog Promotions ( Directory Submissions and Syndication)
- Blog Comment Management
- Blog Post Management and Link Submissions
5. On Page Optimization
- Basic Fundamentals
- Website Anatomy
- Website Architecture
- Static Vs Dynamic Websites
- URL Structuring & Renaming
- Title Tag Creation
- Meta Tags Creation ( Keywords, Description and other relevant Tags)
- Heading Tags (H1, H2, H3)
- Content Optimization
- Image Optimization
- Code Optimization
- Footer Optimization & Search Engine Guidelines
- Alt and Title Text
- Anchor Text Creation
- Robot.txt Creation
- HTML Validation
- Sitemaps Creation and Submission
6. SEO Tools
- Google Webmaster Setup and Management
- Bing Webmaster Setup and Management
- Google Analytics Overview
- Alexa Insights and Ranking
- Web Rank Tool
- Page Rank Status Tool
- Keyword Density Check Tool
- Keyword Ranking Check Tool
- Google Adword Keyword Tool
- On Page Optimization Tool
What are the Fees?
This is very important to know about the fee charges of various SEO training. An Institute or a School could charge anywhere between Rs 50,000/- to Rs 75,000/- for duration of One Month. Normally 2 to 3 classes in one week.
A Blogging Consultant could take Rs 30,000/- to Rs 40,000/- for one month.More famous blogging consultant charge Rs 10,000/- to Rs 15,000/- for just one Session. One session could be 1 hour to 2 hours and that to on a Skype NOT one to one.
Therefore, you have to choose which one is best.
Various Job Posts after SEO Training
You could find jobs in SEO after its training. You could find SEO jobs for the following posts.
- SEO Analyst
- SEO Manager
- SEO Executive
- SEO On Page Analyst
- SEO Team Lead
- SEO Consultant
- SEO Trainee
These are various SEO positions that are available in a company.
Does SEO Training Worth?
The question is after reading this article, do you think SEO training course is worthwhile.
Yes, only for those individuals who want to make their career in SEO. If you think that you could rank any website on the Google search engine then you could invest in SEO training.
If you think SEO is not your cup of tea then spending huge amount is not worthwhile. Not only job seekers but if you have a blog then also you could take training from SEO experts. It will help your blog to rank high on Google.
So if you are really passionate about SEO then you could take the training.
According to my experience SEO training has some great advantages. I will recommend you not to join a training school because fee is so high and never go to a consultant because they will rob you.
Hence, I recommend you to go a blog consultant who does not charge on hourly basis but for the entire course.