Logical reasoning tests are mandatory for qualifying and obtaining most job positions. Almost all the industries require individuals to qualify a logical reasoning quiz. The level of difficulty of the test questions varies from company to company and for different positions. For a fresher this might be an intimidating prospect requiring a special training for them. But it’s not true.
Basics of a logical reasoning test
As the name suggests logical reasoning tests are developed to test an individual’s logical reasoning abilities. The questionnaire mostly comprises of various diagrams with different shapes and patterns and information given in certain sequences in order to be identified for giving the correct answer.
The objective for the test taker is to understand the underlying rules or patterns in the questions that are given in sequences to discover the right solutions.
Most of the problems in such test require candidates to identify the right diagram that should come next in sequence from the multiple choices mentioned by following the pattern of the sequence.
Although this seems to be simple, many candidates fail to make the mark not because of lack of reasoning ability but due to the accompanied pressure of getting the answers.
The stakes are higher when combined with the limited time period of taking the test.
Where does it apply?
Most of the banks take these exams in high volumes for meeting their hiring needs.
Scientific studies show that these tests have been demonstrated by various expert to predict job performance and also support the fact that individuals who perform well in these tests tend to better at their jobs than most others.
Other private and government jobs also take into account similar reasoning tests. The major job fields that take into account similar tests are IT industry, telecom and finance. For students aspiring to work in these industries, it would be prudent for them to start preparing for logical reasoning tests.
It is suggested that before you decide to apply for a position, you should practice them.
How to prepare for the test
Preparation in the tests makes a huge difference in getting or not getting the desired job. One can find several sites which offer free logical reasoning tests or abstract tests to test one’s logical thinking abilities. You need to prepare from placement preparation for higher education students, so that you will be able to enhance your skills in a better way.
For better results one can also take up online courses based on the feedback reports provided by such online reasoning tests on areas that need to be improved. The feedback reports are generally offered by the test websites almost immediately within a few minutes to a few hours.
Tips for qualifying a standard logical reasoning tests
- These tests feature non-verbal questions. Candidates are required to interpret and manipulate shapes and patterns and numbers in order to come up with the solution.
- Most of the questions are MCQ type i.e. multiple choice questions. Sometimes a more targeted skill set may be offered by a logical reasoning quiz like for example, with specific names of sections, like diagrammatic reasoning, abstract reasoning and inductive reasoning.
- Although the nomenclature may vary, the basic principle remains the same, so don’t get apprehensive when you see such big words.
- A noteworthy point to be mentioned here is that logical reasoning tests are an important portion of the modern system of aptitude testing. The best tip one can offer to aspiring candidates in this scenario, would be to suggest intensive practicing.
- Although numerous job sites are the first go-to option for people, we suggest that you give employer’s website a try as well. As they also offer some important guidance and insights on what are the key skills they are looking for and which parts of the test they will be most focusing upon.
But as is the prominent saying, practice makes perfect. So to obtain perfect results there is nothing comparable to practice. One can also find several books for preparations in specific sections. What will enhance your chances of qualifying the tests is having ample familiarity with the type, structure, timing and content of basic logical reasoning exams.